Software Engineering Manager
- Location: N/A
- Job #: 16772
- Job Type: Direct Hire
- Category: Manager - Software Development
Our partner has recently made the Inc. 500 list of fastest-growing companies in the country and was one of the fastest-growing Minneapolis-based companies on the list. In addition to being awarded a Top Workplace by the Minneapolis-St. Paul Star Tribune (2018, 2019), they have also been recognized as one of the most cutting edge technology organizations in the state.
We are looking for an experienced Software Engineering Manager to join their team! In this position you’ll work as part of an Engineering group to expand and support their open source platform and integrations and lead a multi-disciplined agile software delivery team spanning Software, QA, Architecture, Data, and DevOps team members. We’re looking for a manager who excels at both managing and leading technologists, has experience incrementally improving agile teams through self-reflection and a value driven focus, and has a genuine passion for leading technologists using cutting-edge software development tools and technologies.
The work you do will empower tens of thousands of financial services leaders to help their customers make critical financial decisions that shape their lives.
Exciting work you’ll do:
- Work with our client's Product team and other Engineering teams to set overall project priorities, assign Engineering team members to projects, manage software related aspects of timelines and delivery, and provide day-to-day technical work direction for our Software Delivery Teams.
- Assists team members with problem analysis, estimating, software design, development, and testing within an Agile software methodology.
- Collaborate with Engineering and Product teams to ensure seamless integration with product roadmap and delivery schedules.
- Drive and develop the team’s Agile development processes with a focus on quality and timeliness.
- Support department level objectives and recommend process improvements across our Engineering teams to achieve higher levels of quality and optimum velocity.
- On-going management and professional development of team members including mentoring on software development practices, software engineering technical skill building, and expanding domain knowledge into related technologies or new areas of theplatform.
What they're looking for:
- Passionate about building great products, innovation and solving complex customer problems.
- Solid track record of building relationships and collaborating at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work independently paired with a desire to learn and grow.
- Will thrive in startup culture: Has a growth mindset, resilient, adaptable and curious.
- 10+ years’ experience working in roles within a team based custom software development environment.
- 3+ years’ experience working in a management role managing a software team and providing technical direction to team members.
- Experience leading groups of software and quality engineering team members using Agile or Lean development practices such as Scrum, FDD, XP, or Kanban.
- Demonstrated experience identifying, implementing, and measuring team processes to improve quality, efficiency, and timeliness.
- Experience working closely with, or managing, quality focused team members on projects and support requests.
- Experience building and maintaining enterprise web applications.
- Experience creating or driving best practices around leveraging automated unit testing to improve quality and increase velocity.
- Demonstrated history of staying current on best practices in technology.
A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology or related field