Senior Ruby on Rails Engineer
- Location: N/A
- Job #: 16804
- Job Type: Direct Hire
ABOUT YOUAs a senior software engineer, your expertise in application development will be essential to your daily work. You will not only be an active contributor, but will also aid in guiding other junior engineers along the way.
- You will develop Ruby on Rails applications with code that is clean and well tested, as well as conjure automated unit tests.
- You will participate, from idealization to delivery, in the complete software development process, including daily stand-ups, retrospective and other agile ceremonies.
- You will work alongside customers, designers, project managers, site-reliability engineers, all with the shared goal of creating a quality platform.
- You will mentor and guide other engineers in SDLC, DRY/SOLID principles, continuous integration, and unit testing to help them rise in the ranks.
Experience, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Ruby on Rails experience
- Expertise in multiple tiers of web applications (front-end, back-end, etc.)
- Experience working in startups and/or other high-growth technology companies
- Experience working in insurance and/or with policy rating strongly preferred
- Familiarity with unit testing, SCRUM, DevOps, and continuous delivery/integration
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs (preferably in Ruby on Rails)
- Familiarity with microservice architectures (preferably in Ruby on Rails)
- Experience in open source contributions desired