Senior Full-Stack Python Engineer
- Location: St Paul, MN
- Job #: 16762
- Compensation: 140000
- Job Type: Direct Hire
- Category: Programmer/Analyst
Our client partner is looking for an extremely bright, experienced senior full-stack developer to help us evolve our full stack web application. They want someone with expertise in presentation layer design and development, browser constraints, and mobile development. You should have a desire to learn and a willingness to explore new technologies.
Roles and Responsibilities
This senior full-stack developer will be part of a small team of Agile developers distributed across the country, creating the software that makes the business succeed. This close-knit team works together to create a learning system platform for their educational products, helping their end-users prepare for, and complete, certification exams.
You will work side-by-side with their architect and developers to help leverage and integrate ever-changing tools and technologies into their workflow. You need to be comfortable working with others remotely.
They'd like someone who’s smart, creative, and confident in their front-end and server-side software development skills.
We and they expect a passion for software development. You should execute clean, progressively-enhanced code for complex designs using an established technical framework. You should be ready to teach others what you know.
Skills & Experience
- Four-plus years professional experience with Python.
- Expertise in user interface development using HTML(5) and CSS.
- In-depth knowledge of browser architecture, internals, and their limitations.
- Experience in testing across multiple browsers, platforms, and DOM implementations.
- Experience developing mobile-first and consumer-facing Web applications.
- Experience with optimizers and preprocessors, such as RequireJS, Closure, Stylus, and LESS.
- Relational database experience, Postgres preferred.
- Experience with container platforms, Docker preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to accurately estimate and scope development work.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with an event-driven networking framework, like Twisted.
- Experience with microservices architecture, continuous integration processes, or serverless architecture
- History of actively engaging with the open source development community or presenting at meet-ups or conferences
- Experience developing education applications a plus.
- Experience developing accessible websites (Section 508, WCAG 2.0 Guidelines, etc.).
- 401-K plan with an employer match
- Medical insurance
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time
- Paid holidays