Senior Full Stack PHP Engineer
- Location: N/A
- Job #: 16757
- Compensation: 115000
- Job Type: Direct Hire
- Category: Programmer/Analyst - LAMP
Our client partner is looking for a Senior Full Stack Software Engineer to join their growing Engineering Team! In this position you’ll work directly with a team of Software, QA, Data, and DevOps team members to expand and supportour client's platform and integrations. Whether it’s building out new API’s, microservices or refactoring a backend system to scale with their growth, as a member of the Engineering team you’ll be making critical architectural decisions that impact the productivity, reliability, and scalability of SaaS platform. We’re looking for a full stack engineer who excels at creating software in all layers of a web platform, understands databases and SQL, and is passionate about using cutting edge SaaS web-based technologies.
What you’ll be doing:
• Collaborating with other Software Engineers, QAs, and Product Team members solving challenging and unique problems within the Marketing Technology domain on a SaaS technology footprint.
• Developing new features for large-scale web applications and API’s.
• Optimizing software and architectures with a goal of improving performance and scalability.
• Providing input into the architecture and design of the platform; collaborating with the team in solving problems the right way.
• Participate in agile ceremonies including daily standups, sprint reviews, retrospectives, and iteration planning.
• Reviewing pull requests and providing mentorship to team members.
• Participating in team-based knowledge sharing opportunities and contributing to the overall growth of the collective knowledge of our client's Engineering team.
• Enthusiasm to work within a startup where every day can be a new adventure
• 5+ years of professional software engineering experience in a team-based environment
• Web based development experience with PHP, OR a strong proficiency in any web programming language and have a desire to branch out into PHP
• Experience with asynch message queue technologies and approachs using RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, or Kafka as examples
• Systems/DevOps knowledge and experience with CI/CD setups and automation will be also valuable
• Experience writing automated unit tests using an established unit testing framework
• Experience developing against SQL databases such as MySQL, MariaDB, PostgreSQL, or SQL Server
• Team based development experience team-based tooling such as Jira, Git, etc
• A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology or related field