Quality Assurance Developer
- Location: N/A
- Job #: 16783
- Job Type: Contract To Hire
Our client partner is looking to hire a Quality Assurance Developer. This position is responsible automated testing, design and maintenance of quality processes using agile principles, and promoting a culture of software quality within our client's organization while serving as the Automation SME on three of their core software products.
Our client provides technical solutions and professional services for customers in the education industry. Services include assessment and intervention software, ERP and SIS software, cyber security and IT solutions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Participate in the development, test, and release cycles for at least one complex application in the K-12 education space
- Work with product management to define test requirements for releases, and join one or more development teams to assure our applications meet specifications and user requirements
- Write and maintain automated tests and the surrounding test infrastructure used in our client's Continuous Integration environment
- Testing of new features prior to implementation, regression testing prior to software release, load (stress) testing and documentation of test-driven development plans.
- Analyze automated tests and locally diagnose failures
- Assessing customer requirements and ensuring the expectation has been met
- Analyze failures and communicate the failures appropriately
- Complete manual test runs for deployments on various platforms including tablet devices
- Determine and meet time estimates for testing efforts
- Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field or two-year technical degree
- 4+ years of experience in automated Quality Assurance or software development
- Strong understanding how software systems can fail and how those failures impact customers
- You excel at distilling complex requirements into test scenarios and automating those scenarios
- Experience as a Quality Assurance representative on agile development teams
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively and professionally communicate using tact and diplomacy with internal and external team members, customers and stakeholders
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team setting
- Experience with manual testing
- Excellent technical writing skills
- Successful candidate must pass past-employer reference checks and a criminal history verification