- Location: N/A
- Job #: 16773
- Compensation: 140000
- Job Type: Direct Hire
- Category: Data Analyst
The Senior Data Engineer will work as part of a Scrum team to deliver high quality software solutions using technologies that span .NET, AWS, and modern data environments. The position will require cutting-edge technical skills, a desire to participate actively in an Agile learning environment, and a commitment to personal performance.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Develop and enhance high quality, performant, maintainable software solutions that meet commercial business requirements and conform to high technical standards, delighting both external and internal customers
- Produce database designs (logical and physical) of both warehouse and transactional systems
- Implement DB designs in heterogenous data environments, including Microsoft SQL Server, Snowflake, MySQL, AWS technologies, and other database products, with extensive use of SQL programming (stored procedures, functions, query optimization)
- Design and implement data integration packages, including the ability to develop ETL processes to synchronize data across transactional and data warehouse repositories
- Design and implement services exposing data and related business functions to internal and external applications, using .NET (C#) and AWS (lambdas, S3, SNS, SQS, etc.) technologies
- Design and implement integrations with Machine Learning / Data Modeling systems, including DataRobot
- Produce unit tests to ensure quality expectations are met or exceeded
- Participate in quality-focused activities including but not limited to code reviews, design reviews, paired programming and TDD implementations
- Collaborate with Agile stakeholders in a Scrum environment to ensure constant feedback drives excellence in delivery of solutions
- Participate in spikes to prototype, research feasibility of solutions, and produce assessments of competing implementation approaches
- Document code and deployment characteristics
- Identify, analyze, and resolve problems in the software
- Apply superior analytical, problem identification and resolution skills
- Participate in mentoring less experienced resources
- Espouse and demonstrate our client's values in everyday interactions both inside and outside of the company
- Other duties as assigned
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
Qualified candidates will have the following qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Electrical Engineering/Information Systems or related discipline desired
- Minimum of 12 years of software development experience including a minimum of 8 years of experience with SQL and .NET(C#) technologies
- Minimum of 4 years of experience with database design across a heterogenous environment (Data Warehouse and OLTP)
- Experience with ETL processing using either a common toolset (ex: SSIS, Talend Open Studio, Pentaho Data Integration, JasperETL) or hand-developed solutions
- Familiarity with modern Artificial Intelligence implementations
- Self-starter who requires minimal supervision
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills
- Desire to be a team player and leader that contributes to the team’s success and company’s growth
- Experience working with SCRUM agile framework
Ideal candidates will have some combination of the following qualifications and skills:
- Experience working in an Amazon Web Services (AWS) environment
- Experience working with large sets of data using columnar database solutions like Snowflake, AWS RedShift or a similar solution
- Experience working with Machine Learning solutions like DataRobot, H20.ai, or a similar solution
Learning on the Fly
- Learns quickly when facing new problems; a versatile learner who is open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
Drive for Results
- Charged by fast paced, result oriented work; can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Spends his/her time and the time of others on what’s important; quickly zeros in on the critical few and puts the trivial many aside; can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal; eliminates roadblocks; creates focus.
- Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; established and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Picks up on the need to change personal, interpersonal, and managerial behavior quickly; watches others of their reactions to his/her attempts to influence and perform, and adjusts; seeks feedback; is sensitive to changing personal demands and requirements, and changes accordingly.