We may have turned 46 today, but we’ve never felt so good. Whether it’s our knack for reinvention or our refusal to acknowledge the possibility of being over the hill, we’re always working to find ways to freshen our perspective and processes to help us better serve our clients, job seekers, and consultants.
Since last October, we’ve definitely shaken things up, adding new programs and practices.
- In January, we launched our Blueprint: 25 Principles of Placing People First. These are 25 everyday behaviors that we’ve identified as critical on both an individual and team level. They are meant to help us achieve our mission of placing people first. Each week we discuss one of these principles as a team, with employees giving ideas for new ways to practice the principle, or sharing stories of times this practice has played out well in our organization.
- We also launched an exciting new health program that we call Live Well, which is meant to engage our employees in healthy lifestyle choices, from exercise and nutrition, to brain challenges, and rest.
- Using Rockefeller Habits as a model, we’ve changed our rhythms for planning and meeting. This not only helps us stay on track for achieving our goals, it also ensures nothing slips through the cracks when it comes to our relationships with our clients, job seekers, and consultants.
From fast growth to being a great place to work, this year was filled with awards, celebrations, and milestones, including:
- 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2014 by Minnesota Business.
- Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal ranked ESP as a top 12 executive search firm ( #1 executive search firm for IT).
- Two national lists recognized our growth for the second year in a row: Staffing Industry Analysts’ 2014 list of the fastest-growing staffing firms and Inc. Magazine’s ‘Inc. 5000’ fastest-growing companies 2014.
- Our contract consulting business has continued to grow with 70% more consultants out on contract than a year ago, while also continuing to match great IT professionals with direct hire roles.
- We welcomed three new members to the team and celebrated many employee anniversaries, including Tara Sauter’s ESP anniversary milestone of 15 years.
With these many changes, we not only maintain our commitments to our clients and candidates—to always place people first, find the best fit for our clients, and advance IT pros’ careers— but hope to be able to uphold these commitments even better than we did before.
We’re looking forward to staying young in the next year and are working toward a new vision for a ESP, one that strives for healthy employees, a healthy company culture, a healthy balance sheet, and healthy growth. The last year has definitely made us feel good, both about what we’re doing and where we’re going, but none of what we choose to do, would really make us feel good, if we didn’t have you: our clients, job seekers, and consultants. We thank you very much for getting us through another year, and hope to serve you for many years to come.