Software Engineer Manager
This role has been filled.
Thanks for your interest. Please return to our Development page for other positions you may be interested in, or submit your resume now for future openings.
We are looking for a Software Engineer Manager for one of our clients. This position will create and manage high performing agile teams who are focused on providing high quality software releases at regular intervals in order to support the company’s strategic initiatives. Coach, empower, and engage individuals and teams to reach their highest potential. This role can be done mostly remote, but you must travel down to Iowa on an ‘as necessary’ basis.
- Recruit, motivate and coach software engineers with deep technical knowledge
- Provide project and technical leadership to a group of engineers in a fast-paced environment
- Coordinate with partner teams, help unblock and resolve cross team issues
- Coordinate with Product Management, Product Owners, and stakeholders to ensure strategy and execution alignment
- Drive technical excellence and implementation of best engineering practices such as design review, continuous integration and test driven development
- Evaluate individual and team performance, provides guidance, and corrective actions as necessary
- Responsible for the performance, quality, and functionality of delivered software
- Adopt new processes and procedures to improve productivity
- Research and recommend new tools for the team and incorporate those new tools into the process as required
- Helps employees navigate through the personnel and administrative systems
- 10+ years of work experience in software engineering
- 5 years of software engineering management experience
- BS in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of computer science principles, practices and procedures as would normally be acquired through a doctorate level course of study, or equivalent experience acquired through ten or more years of experience in related software development positions.
- Experience should include working in a software development/support team environment where sound software engineering principles are applied throughout the entire software development life cycle.
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Solid leadership and decision-making ability
- Demonstrated ability to recruit and retain outstanding engineering talent
- Demonstrated experience leading Agile teams and projects to deliver working software iteratively
- Demonstrated ability to meet commitments while maintaining outstanding quality
- Interest in capacity management, technology, engineering best practices and building great software
- MS in Computer Science
- Prior hands-on experience with Java, C++, and\or C
- Exposure to Agile/SAFe methodologies
- Knowledge of continuous integration and automated testing is highly desirable
Job #: 15537