Senior Software Engineer
Are you an experienced software engineer looking for your next career adventure? ESP is seeking a Senior Software Engineer specializing in Ruby on Rails that is invested in upgrading the technology depended on by those in the commercial insurance industry.
Commercial insurance currently resides in a landscape where companies struggle in finding a platform to connect with outside businesses and agents. You would remotely serve as an instrumental part of building a new, efficient Insurtech exchange that aids in connecting the right people to the right quote, at an industry-standard timeframe.
As a senior software engineer, your expertise in application development will be essential to your daily work. Your familiarity with engineering practices like SCRUM, unit testing, version control, and cloud architecture & design will be put into regular practice. You will not only be an active contributor but will also aid in guiding other junior engineers along the way.
ABOUT THE POSITION
- You will work remotely to maintain and build APIs used to quote and bind policies, issued by insurance agents and for small business owners.
- You will develop Ruby on Rails applications with code that is clean and well tested, as well as conjure automated unit tests.
- You will participate, from ideation to delivery, in the complete software development process, including daily standups, retrospective and other agile ceremonies.
- You will work alongside customers, designers, project managers, site-reliability engineers, all with the shared goal of creating a quality platform.
- You will mentor and guide other engineers in SDLC, DRY/SOLID principles, continuous integration, and unit testing to help them rise in the ranks.
REQUIREMENTS AND SKILLS
- 3+ years of Ruby on Rails experience
- 5+ years of overall professional experience
- Expertise in multiple tiers of web applications (front-end, back-end, etc.)
- Experience working in startups and/or other high-growth technology companies
- Experience working in insurance and/or with policy rating strongly preferred
- Familiarity with unit testing, SCRUM, DevOps, and continuous delivery/integration
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs (preferably in Ruby on Rails)
- Familiarity with microservice architectures (preferably in Ruby on Rails)
- Experience in open source contributions desired
- Public speaking experience desired