This role has been filled.
Thanks for your interest. Please return to our Development page for other positions you may be interested in, or submit your resume now for future openings.
We are seeking a with strong MS SQL experience, especially NoSQL SME. You will be working with a team to maintenance, performance, security, and recoverability of next generation multi-terabyte, highly transactional databases behind a multi-national real-time communications system. The DBA will work with other team members to manage database-oriented projects and provide daily support for database issues.
- Daily and on-call support for relational databases (SQL Server, MySQL, AuroraDB, DynamoDB, PostgreSQL)
- Daily and on-call support for NoSQL databases (Cassandra, Elasticsearch)
- Assist in the planning and design of new database implementations, including database definition, structure, documentation, and long-range requirements
- Perform in all of the database management skills of database administration, web connectivity, physical structure, overall architecture, and database analysis
- Design storage strategies and establish standards for complex database environments, physical structures, and specialized database applications
- Provide standardization and consistency across all environments
- Ensure a stable and secure database environment
- Apply database management skills and gather user requirements from all areas of the business
- Design, implement, and monitor database functionality to ensure a stable environment.
- Uphold enterprise policy guidelines and recommend new and improved guidelines.
- Identify and initiate resolutions to user problems and concerns associated with database server equipment (hardware and software).
- Effectively work and operate within a team-based environment.
- Provide support as a team member in a 24x7x365 on-call rotation.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working with SQL Server
- Minimum 1-year experience working with NoSQL database technologies and AWS
- Solid understanding of Database concepts
- Proven experience with query optimization, performance tuning, and troubleshooting database systems
- SQL Server DBMS administration and DB monitoring and tuning
- NoSQL DBMS administration and DB monitoring and tuning
- Development skills with T-SQL writing stored procedures
- Strong organizational skills to handle changing priorities, tight schedules, and correction of critical systems outside of normal working hours
- Ability to maintain leading edge skills in a rapidly changing and fast-paced Information Systems environment
- Knowledge of Change Management, Problem Management and Incident Management Policies and Procedures; knowledge of ITIL framework is a plus
- Ability to work effectively in a business emergency situation
- Effective communication (written, verbal and listening), organization, and time management skills
- Preferred Skills:
- ITIL Fundamentals
- Experience in at least 2 of the following areas: SQL Server, MySQL, Cassandra, Elasticsearch, AuroraDB, PostgreSQL, DynamoDB
- Previous experience supporting databases in AWS environment