System Administrator (Contract)
Our client, in downtown Minneapolis, is looking for a consultant that has experience with Nagios. The ideal candidate enjoys a fast-paced environment and being able to self-manage.
- 5+ years of experience working with BSD and Linux based systems.
- Experience with multiple distributions preferred.
- Experience working with and using common IAM, logging, monitoring, configuration and system management technologies.
- Extensive experience automating routine/common tasks and troubleshooting network problems.
- To ensure the availability and efficiency of the Security department’s Unix/Linux infrastructure.
- Troubleshoot and managing PF and iptables based firewalls
- Following change management and configuration management procedures and guidelines
- Performing other system administration duties such as installations, configurations, troubleshooting, kernel tuning, user access administration, file system tuning, hardware configuration, system performance tuning, disk management, custom package creation, shell scripting, and application layer access control
- Responsible for timely and responsible system patching
- Monitoring system security