This role has been filled.
Thanks for your interest. Please return to our Infrastructure page for other positions you may be interested in, or submit your resume now for future openings.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a full-time, hands-on, technical Infrastructure Manager with our client in Saint Paul. This person will provide technical direction for the company’s IT infrastructure.
- Manage a small team responsible for network, desktop and Windows servers; this includes hiring, reviews and providing project direction and management.
- Manage and participate in design, configuration, installation and maintenance of server, network and desktop technologies; this includes VMware, Windows servers & desktops, Palo Alto firewalls, Cisco networking equipment, etc.
- Provide 24 x 7 on-call support including troubleshooting and resolving network, server and desktop related issues in a timely manner.
- Ensure proactive maintenance and system monitoring takes place to avoid business impacting issues.
- Ensure planning and implementation of system upgrades including firmware, OS and application updates while minimizing impact to the business.
- Recommend and advise management on network and server design options, equipment needs, budget plans and make purchase and vendor recommendations.
- Ensure company security including developing and maintaining best practices for patching, system updates, etc.
- Assist with day-to-day management of telecom environment.
- Provide high-quality customer service to associates at all levels of the company.
- User / group account maintenance (e.g. Active Directory, Exchange 2010).
- Create and maintain documentation including policies, procedures and technical.
- Work with vendors on project implementations and support as needed.
- Research, test, and implement new hardware and software.
- Act as a technical resource for IT and business teams.
- Cross-train with team members.
- DRP planning and testing.
- Bachelor's degree, specialized IT training or equivalent experience.
- 6+ years as a Server/Network Administrator with hands-on implementation, administration and support experience with Windows Servers, IIS, VMware, Cisco strongly preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with TCP/IP, routing, Layer 2 and 3 switching, Cisco IOS, WAN connections, VPN, wireless technologies, DHCP, DNS, VLAN’s, SSL certificates, HTTP, etc.
- Background with security concepts, tools and audits.
- Experience with circuit and server load balancing tools.
- Hands-on experience with configuring hardware including RAID configurations.
- Experience with monitoring and management tools required; vCenter, UpTime & PRTG a plus.
- Familiar with mainstream database, anti-virus, backup and patch management systems.
- Desktop and scripting/automation knowledge needed; experience with PowerShell preferred.
- Proven experience in dealing with Communication Providers and other vendors.
- Must be capable of leading a team and managing a project as well as performing hands-on responsibilities.
- A self-motivated person who is able to work on multiple projects simultaneously and adapts to changing priorities.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to determine project budgets, schedules, and resource requirements and manage plans.
- Proven ability to creatively and cost effectively solve problems.