This role has been filled.
Thanks for your interest. Please return to our Infrastructure page for other positions you may be interested in, or submit your resume now for future openings.
We are seeking a Dev Ops engineer to work either contract-to-hire or fulltime at our client in the Southwest Metro. The Dev Ops Engineer will be responsible for the configuration, deployment, administration, monitoring, analysis, and support of Cloud application services and systems. The applications run on 24x7 mission critical, high-availability systems. We are looking for someone with strong Cloud experience and has some sort of experience in a Windows-based CMS, ideally.
The Dev Ops Engineer will apply their experience utilizing the AWS cloud computing platform including but not limited to: VPC (Virtual Private Cloud), EC2, EBS (Block Storage under high I/O), and CloudFront.
The Dev Ops Engineer has Microsoft Administration (IIS, SQL Server) experience and has the ability to engineer and realize automated administrative solutions using tools like TFS and git.
- 10+ years hands on experience with Microsoft Web Administration (IIS)
- 3+ years hands on experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Database administration experience with MS-SQL
- Experience with Microsoft Team Foundation Server (“TFS”)
- Experience with EPiServer Content Management Solution (desired)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- In depth knowledge with Amazon Web Services (AWS) architectures, operations and implementations with specific experience with VPC (Virtual Private Cloud), EC2, EBS (Block Storage under high I/O), Cloud Formation for AWS Orchestration, Alternative Queuing Platforms, and CloudWatch
- Experience with maintaining and administering a highly fault tolerant infrastructure on AWS
- Experience with tools like Nagios and Cacti to monitor the health and utilization of AWS resources
- Proficiency in supporting the Customer Support staff in incident and problem resolution. This may include analyzing and resolving problems involving interaction between applications, OS and storage by working with customer support, software developers, QA, and vendors
- Ability to manage Amazon Web Services systems in Development, QA, and Production environments– deploy new AMIs/VM’s, build images, develop automated solutions for Cloud administration, track capacity, update images
- Experience with documenting system configurations, server, OS, and AMIs/VM’s build practices, backup procedures, troubleshooting guides, and keep infrastructure drawings current with changes
- Experience in generating accurate change control, incident and problem logs
- Created and maintained a highly fault tolerant infrastructure on AWS
- Experience tuning the EPiServer content management system in relation to handling web traffic
- Experience using automation tools in TFS to script deployment processes
- Strong knowledge of multi-tiered application environments, including their design, implementation and capacity/scaling challenges
- AWS Certification (a plus)