This role has been filled.
Thanks for your interest. Please return to our Infrastructure page for other positions you may be interested in, or submit your resume now for future openings.
We are looking for a Business Intelligence (BI) Architect for one of our clients. This is an excellent opportunity to work within their Information Management team with Fortune 250 clients developing BI strategy and roadmaps, implementing new customer facing reporting and analytics platforms, while gaining exposure to a variety of industries including healthcare, insurance, manufacturing, E&U, and professional services. Extensive national travel is required for this position.
- Provide data management expertise to our clients in evaluating requirements and developing data architecture and BI solution design. Data management includes appropriate structuring, stewardship of data, semantics/syntax of data attributes, coding structures, and mapping schemes
- Design logical Data Warehouse architecture and data model, implement physical Data Warehouse design (schema, indexes, partitions, etc.)Design ETL architecture including CDC, mappings, data flows, procedures, schedules, etc.
- Design OLAP and semantic layer based on the reporting requirements Design reporting architecture and provide recommendations for reporting technology
- Guide and coach developers, share best practices, perform code reviews
- Coordinate activities with data source application owners to ensure integration within data warehouse and that data integrity issues are addressed
- Liaise and attend meetings necessary to perform duties and aid business and technical development
- The ideal candidate will have 5 + years of hands-on professional experience
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills3+ years of prior consulting experience
- Very strong technical knowledge in ETL tools (SQL Server SSIS or Informatica), Databases (SQL Server 2012, Oracle), OLAP tools (Microsoft SSAS), Reporting tools (Microsoft SSRS, Cognos), ability to work alone or in conjunction with a DBA
- Microsoft BI certification is strong plus
- Has good knowledge of standard methodologies, concepts, best practices, and procedures within a Business Intelligence environment. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required as well as flexibility in job role and working hours during critical deliveries
- A natural sense of urgency, initiative and a positive team player philosophy to be reflected in daily work ethics
- Required National Travel up to 75%