Email Campaign Administrator
This role has been filled.
Thanks for your interest. Please return to our Digital Marketing page for other positions you may be interested in, or submit your resume now for future openings.
The Email Campaign Administrator is responsible for configuring and monitoring the email delivery system of an enterprise scale, cloud-hosted, commercial marketing application. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the operations team with regard to successful management of the email delivery system and maximization of email deliverability performance.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Primary administration responsibilities for a high volume, mission critical commercial email delivery solution.
- Deliverability and campaign performance through the email application system.
- Defining and using reports to monitor performance of campaigns.
- Defining and updating webhooks for capturing events.
- Defining, and updating Adaptive Delivery rules as needed.
- Monitoring and interpreting messaging streams, bounce management, and complaint spikes, as well as triaging problems
- Warming new IPs for production
- Making policy configuration changes.
- Collaborate with operations colleagues to monitor and adjust scripting to optimize program deliverability through the email delivery system.
- Work with IT management to plan for and implement ITIL compliant processes (Change Management, Configuration Management, Event Management and so on) for management of the email delivery system.
- Document all configuration and process knowledge to a level sufficient for sharing of responsibilities with other operations, IT and development team members.
- Ensure effective integration of other components, such as Content Management Systems and Campaign Management solutions with the email delivery system.
- Manage ISP relations starting with block handling and submitting remediation requests and then building and leveraging relationships with ISPs to resolve delivery issues.
- Clearly and effectively report on the progress of deliverability performance and provide status updates toward on-going responsibilities as assigned.
- BA/BS degree in a computer related field OR equivalent work experience in the email marketing industry or with a corporation that conducts email campaigns. Must be comfortable and/or have an aptitude for basic programming languages.
- Minimum 3 years of experience as an administrator of an email delivery system.
- Experience with technical deployment and management of email based marketing campaigns
- Experience with deliverability and email authentication best practices including: TLS, DMARC, DKIM, SPF, DomainKey, DNS and DNSBL
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Good communication skills
The following are nice to haves:
- Experience with the Momentum Platform from Message Systems.
- Experience with PowerMTA Port25, Strongmail/Stringview, Yesmail.
- Experience with LUA scripting.
- Experience with executing ramp up/warm up plans to build positive reputation on new IPs.
- Experience with maintaining policy compliance with CAN-SPAM, CASL, etc.
Job #: 15136