VB.NET Developer, St. Paul
This role has been filled.
Thanks for your interest. Please return to our Development page for other positions you may be interested in, or submit your resume now for future openings.
This VB.Net Developer will design and develop software for use with pharmaceutical and drug development products and services. The position requires extensive programming experience, strong problem solving skills, experience with Microsoft SQL databases, familiarity with the full SDLC, as well as an ongoing commitment to learning new technologies. The development team is responsible for the design, development, unit testing, and deployment of Microsoft VB.Net applications.
- Work closely with staff and business partners to understand the business processes, workflows, technical architecture, and requirements for development projects
- Design, Develop, test, and implement applications and web services written in VB.Net using ASP.Net and MVC 3 design patterns in an n-tier architecture
- Demonstrate consistent design/coding standards
- Demonstrate iterative prototypes to users and guiding them through effective testing to ensure consistent testing is performed
- Responsible for documentation of existing applications and updates as changes are made
- Resolve technical and/or business problems
- Provide effective support throughout the development lifecycle
- Experience developing with Microsoft’s Visual Studio .NET and the .Net framework (1.1, 2.0, 3.5, 4.0)
- Experience building and consuming web services
- Minimum of four years of experience developing database objects with Microsoft SQL Server or other major SQL database platform
- Proven ability to design and develop user interfaces that minimize business user training
- VB.Net experience preferred
- Experience designing software objects based on object-oriented design principles
- Experience using SQL Server reporting services or other reporting tool
- Familiarity with Microsoft Visio or other modeling tool
- .Net MVC (3) pattern implementation experience
Apply for this job