Senior .NET Applications Developer
This role has been filled.
Thanks for your interest. Please return to our Development page for other positions you may be interested in, or submit your resume now for future openings.
Our client, a third party logistics company, is seeking a developer/programmer to join a team responsible for delivering solutions to business users to help them efficiently and effectively manage the network they are responsible for. Our client is a growing team with high growth potential.
- Design and develop .NET-based applications that meet data integrity, performance, business, and security objectives for complex application features using tools like Visual Studio and interaction with SQL Server databases
- Provide high-level technical options that may span multiple systems
- Translate high-level requirements into detailed designs
- Develop and maintain thorough technical documentation
- Provide technical estimates
- Perform thorough unit testing and some functional testing as needed
- Provide innovative ideas and solutions in an ever-changing environment
- Possess solid communication skills and a strong customer focus
- Maintain knowledge of emerging technologies and using those technologies to solve business problems
- Experience in VB.NET or other object-oriented programming languages such as C#
- Experience with object-oriented design and development
- A minimum of 5 years of in-depth experience with relational database technology including schema design, stored procedure development and SQL queries. SQL Server preferred.
- Solid understanding and application of object-oriented concepts and methodologies
- Proven track record of effectively delivering results in a fast paced environment while managing multiple priorities
- Experience in test and/or behavior driven development
- Experience in Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Experience in continuous build practices
- Experience in developing applications utilizing .NET technologies including Winforms or WPF/MVVM and WCF
- Experience with HTML 5
- Experience with AngularJS
- Experience with transportation or logistics information systems
- Experience with REST services
- A proven track record of integrating modern coding practices into their applications
- Experience with the Unity framework
- Experience in applying high level design patterns
- Experience in system integration projects or global projects
- Experience in championing best practices and cross team initiatives