SQL Developer - Contract
This role has been filled.
Thanks for your interest. Please return to our Development page for other positions you may be interested in, or submit your resume now for future openings.
Our client, located in a suburb of Minneapolis, is looking for a consultant with development experience and a strong knowledge of SQL. The SQL Developer will oversee the development delivery for clients subscribing to data development, consolidation, and integration engagements. The Consultant will also oversee the internal constituencies in the way of our proprietary SQL datamart environment, custom data development requests, and general platform administration. This role will work closely with the Analytics Team under the consulting practice to fulfill on client deliverables. The candidate can expect to bring a high level of data management, development, and platform administration expertise to the organization.
- 4 - year college degree. Major in software engineering, MIS or computer science
- 4+ years of progressive experience in a Developer role
- Strong knowledge of SQL code base, SQL Server Management Studio, Visual Studio, and SSIS
- Strong knowledge of MS Visio, Adobe Creative Suite, TFS, project management, and other applicable data management tools
- Working knowledge of PHP, .NET, #C, XML, VB, and other applicable code bases
- Good knowledge of LAN/WAN architecture, TCP/IP, Firewall/VLAN configuration, Hardware-Based load balancing, encryption and network security best practices
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server Administration / Active Directory
- Knowledge of IIS server best practices
- Experience with backup technologies and strategies oriented around the backup and restoration of large datasets.
- Efficient at T-SQL and Batch Scripting
- Rigorous attention to detail, inquisitive personality and passion for knowledge & experience
- Strong analytical skills, work ethic, independence, problem solving ability and overall positive attitude
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task while under pressure.
- Strong public speaking & interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated leadership & teamwork experience