Software Usability Engineer
This role has been filled.
Thanks for your interest. Please return to our Development page for other positions you may be interested in, or submit your resume now for future openings.
A respected client in St. Paul is looking for a Software Usability Engineer contractor that will work on various project teams to develop user-centered designs for enterprise web applications. Responsibilities include human factors engineering, heuristic evaluations, and usability testing in all stages of the product life cycle. You will work to improve the usability, usefulness, and desirability of complex digital applications.
- 5 plus years of relevant work experience in human factors and usability engineering
- Experience with research and evaluation techniques such as interviewing, field studies, diary studies, moderated and unmoderated usability testing, online evaluation tools (click testing, etc)
- Experience applying usability research and evaluation practices in an Agile software development environment
- Experience with remote moderated usability testing techniques
- Experience with usability testing mobile devices and tablets highly desirable but not required
- Self-motivated and able to work both independently as well as with team members and product groups
- Experience with enterprise software applications is a plus, as is experience in the legal and financial services domains
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Master’s degree in HCI or other related field preferred