OpenStack Software Developer
We’re looking for a skilled Software Developer to join our clients OpenStack Systems Management Team. As a part of the team, you will be helping to create a new system management infrastructure. If you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and have strong technical and interpersonal skills apply today!
You will be responsible for the design, implementation, test and maintenance of enhancements to the OpenStack System Management solution.
- BS or advanced degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent industry experience
- Practical experience developing for Linux/Unix systems with proven success
- Strong engineering skills with proficiency in Python
- Experience developing reliable, fault tolerant software for large scale distributed systems
- Experience deploying, using, and/or contributing to the OpenStack environment and OpenStack projects such as Keystone, Nova, Swift, Cinder, Neutron, Monasca, etc.
- Understanding of and practical experience with the principles of designing and building production quality REST APIs
- Commitment to sound software engineering principles and a demonstrated knowledge of the full development lifecycle
- Outstanding analytic, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work well in a cooperative development environment, both within and across teams
- Good written and verbal communications skills
- Familiarity with containerization, vitualization and virtual network technologies is highly desired
- Experience with messaging solutions (e.g., ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ, ZeroMQ, Kafka) highly desired