We are seeking a with strong MS SQL experience, especially NoSQL SME. You will be working with a team to maintenance, performance, security, and recoverability of next generation multi-terabyte, highly transactional databases behind a multi-national real-time communications system. The DBA will work with other team members to manage database-oriented projects and provide daily support for database issues.
- Daily and on-call support for relational databases (SQL Server, MySQL, AuroraDB, DynamoDB, PostgreSQL)
- Daily and on-call support for NoSQL databases (Cassandra, Elasticsearch)
- Assist in the planning and design of new database implementations, including database definition, structure, documentation, and long-range requirements
- Perform in all of the database management skills of database administration, web connectivity, physical structure, overall architecture, and database analysis
- Design storage strategies and establish standards for complex database environments, physical structures, and specialized database applications
- Provide standardization and consistency across all environments
- Ensure a stable and secure database environment
- Apply database management skills and gather user requirements from all areas of the business
- Design, implement, and monitor database functionality to ensure a stable environment.
- Uphold enterprise policy guidelines and recommend new and improved guidelines.
- Identify and initiate resolutions to user problems and concerns associated with database server equipment (hardware and software).
- Effectively work and operate within a team-based environment.
- Provide support as a team member in a 24x7x365 on-call rotation.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working with SQL Server
- Minimum 1-year experience working with NoSQL database technologies and AWS
- Solid understanding of Database concepts
- Proven experience with query optimization, performance tuning, and troubleshooting database systems
- SQL Server DBMS administration and DB monitoring and tuning
- NoSQL DBMS administration and DB monitoring and tuning
- Development skills with T-SQL writing stored procedures
- Strong organizational skills to handle changing priorities, tight schedules, and correction of critical systems outside of normal working hours
- Ability to maintain leading edge skills in a rapidly changing and fast-paced Information Systems environment
- Knowledge of Change Management, Problem Management and Incident Management Policies and Procedures; knowledge of ITIL framework is a plus
- Ability to work effectively in a business emergency situation
- Effective communication (written, verbal and listening), organization, and time management skills
- Preferred Skills:
- ITIL Fundamentals
- Experience in at least 2 of the following areas: SQL Server, MySQL, Cassandra, Elasticsearch, AuroraDB, PostgreSQL, DynamoDB
- Previous experience supporting databases in AWS environment