Lead Applications Developer, St. Paul
This role has been filled.
Thanks for your interest. Please return to our Development page for other positions you may be interested in, or submit your resume now for future openings.
We are seeking a Lead Applications Developer on behalf of one of our clients: a company who provides marketing and communications solutions for a variety of corporate sectors. This position will be responsible for design, construction, and support of business critical applications. The position may work as a team lead, as a part of a team or independently, depending on the project. Development will primarily be done using Microsoft technologies (C# .NET and other) and could also include some open source solutions and third party tools.
- Software design and implementation on specific projects
- Create solutions that satisfy the business needs, delivering those solutions in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Understand, document, and analyze requirements to drive the design, coding, testing, deployment, and maintenance phases of software development
- Make sure that non-functional requirements (security, performance, usability, supportability) are identified and satisfied
- Provide accurate and complete software development estimates for software projects
- Adhere to the client’s development methodology, following best practices for coding, testing, systems acceptance, change control, and security
- Work with manager, business stakeholders, and peers to proactively suggest areas of improvements and enhancements
- Participate in code reviews and provide positive reinforcement to help other team members adhere to coding standards
- Create and maintain automated unit test suites
- Relevant IT industry experience, including requirements analysis, software design, coding, unit testing, build/deployment management
- Application development experience in a Software Engineering role with solid hands on experience in C# .NET
- Solid understanding of software engineering fundamentals (modularity, loose coupling, etc.
- Excellent coding skills
- Understanding and demonstrated usage of modern design patterns (MVC variants, etc.)
- Experience using industry standard development tools in Microsoft development environments (Visual Studio, TFS, other)
- Broad technology experience across Microsoft technologies and Open Source technologies
- Understanding modern SDLC processes and techniques, including Agile development, automated testing, continuous integration, and 24 X 7 production environments
- Experience with developing professional grade web applications
- Experience with implementing web services (SOAP, REST, WebAPI)
- Experience working with relational databases (MS SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, etc.)
- Knowledge of performance tuning of .NET applications