Java — Sr. Web Software Engineer
Our client is looking for a Senior Software Engineer focused on front-end web development. The ideal candidate will be passionate about software development, adept at creative problem solving, and will enjoy working in a collaborative and casual environment.
- Collaborating with teammates throughout the product development organization including product owners, UI/UX designers, QA analysts, technical writers, and customer champions.
- Verifying the correctness of your implementations by writing automated tests.
- Documenting code and design, and reviewing others’ work products.
- Synthesizing requirements into cohesive designs, identifying gaps and contradictions.
- Leading agile story authoring, sizing, and demo sessions for product features.
- Leading team design discussions and code reviews, asking questions, contributing and accepting feedback.
- Mentoring and guiding more junior staff.
- Contributing to process improvement efforts within engineering.
- Continuously learning about technology and software development, and sharing knowledge with the team.
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- 5 to 8 years’ professional software development experience, or can convincingly demonstrate this level of knowledge and skill.
- Experience with front-end development for enterprise-class, multi-tier systems and the design patterns upon which they are built.
- Experience working with RESTful web APIs.
- Experience taking ownership of deliverables as part of a team.
- Familiarity with continuous integration and deployment concepts.
- Familiarity with working in an agile, collaborative environment, both offering and asking for help when it's needed.
- Comfortable working with non-technical staff.
Nice to have:
- Experience with the tools that comprise our tech stack. The more of these you know, the better:
- Languages: Java8, Groovy, Ruby
- Tools: Webpack, Gulp/Grunt, Node.js, Cucumber, Jasmine, Karma
- Environments: Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows
- Development Infrastructure: Git, Jira, Stash/Bitbucket Server, Jenkins
- Experience with cloud environments like AWS, Azure, Heroku, or others.
- Experience with security and cryptographic systems.
- Familiarity with additional general purpose programming languages such as Python, Ruby, Go, Scala, C#, F#.