Java — Sr. Web Software Engineer
This role has been filled.
Thanks for your interest. Please return to our Development page for other positions you may be interested in, or submit your resume now for future openings.
Our client is looking for a Senior Software Engineer focused on front-end web development. The ideal candidate will be passionate about software development, adept at creative problem solving, and will enjoy working in a collaborative and casual environment.
- Collaborating with teammates throughout the product development organization including product owners, UI/UX designers, QA analysts, technical writers, and customer champions.
- Verifying the correctness of your implementations by writing automated tests.
- Documenting code and design, and reviewing others’ work products.
- Synthesizing requirements into cohesive designs, identifying gaps and contradictions.
- Leading agile story authoring, sizing, and demo sessions for product features.
- Leading team design discussions and code reviews, asking questions, contributing and accepting feedback.
- Mentoring and guiding more junior staff.
- Contributing to process improvement efforts within engineering.
- Continuously learning about technology and software development, and sharing knowledge with the team.
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- 5 to 8 years’ professional software development experience, or can convincingly demonstrate this level of knowledge and skill.
- Experience with front-end development for enterprise-class, multi-tier systems and the design patterns upon which they are built.
- Experience working with RESTful web APIs.
- Experience taking ownership of deliverables as part of a team.
- Familiarity with continuous integration and deployment concepts.
- Familiarity with working in an agile, collaborative environment, both offering and asking for help when it's needed.
- Comfortable working with non-technical staff.
Nice to have:
- Experience with the tools that comprise our tech stack. The more of these you know, the better:
- Languages: Java8, Groovy, Ruby
- Tools: Webpack, Gulp/Grunt, Node.js, Cucumber, Jasmine, Karma
- Environments: Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows
- Development Infrastructure: Git, Jira, Stash/Bitbucket Server, Jenkins
- Experience with cloud environments like AWS, Azure, Heroku, or others.
- Experience with security and cryptographic systems.
- Familiarity with additional general purpose programming languages such as Python, Ruby, Go, Scala, C#, F#.