ETL Software Engineer, Minneapolis
This role has been filled.
Thanks for your interest. Please return to our Development page for other positions you may be interested in, or submit your resume now for future openings.
Our client is seeking a software engineer ETL. This position will play a key role in development of data extracts, transformation, and load (ETL) processes. It will also involve analysis, design, development, and problem resolution related to data and relationships among data elements within a system.
- Provides design and development support for analytical systems and data integration applications
- Performs extract, transform and load (ETL) processing for Analytical Systems Applications
- Designs, develops, tests, and implements application code
- Develops ETL solutions according to the approved data models, data liquidity models, and data mapping documentation
- Performs data profiling necessary to validate ETL specifications and to assist in designing of proper
- ETL techniques
- Unit tests the ETL code
- Runs ETL jobs as part of various testing activity in the lower environments
- Creates and maintains ETL schedules
- Scripts necessary changes for code promotions up the lower environment stack
- Participates in resolving issues related to the ETL activity with DBAs and other stakeholders
- Participates in JAD sessions for gathering ETL requirements
- Designs and creates data reports and reporting tools to help business executives in their decision making
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, or Business with an emphasis in Management Information Systems
- Four years of experience in software development that includes extract, transform and load (ETL) processing for Analytical Systems Applications, performing requirements analysis, documentation and design, data modeling, design and development, testing of ETL applications
- SQL, Transact SQL, PL/SQL, ETL tools (such as Business Objects, Informatica, PowerCenter or equivalent), Modeling tools (PowerDesigner, Erwin, Oracle Designer or equivalent). Knowledge of Business Objects Data Integrator is preferred. Strong business insight and awareness of business requirements determining database design
- The ability to extract, transform and load (ETL) data for Analytical Systems
- Applications, understand data relationships in data modeling of OLTP and/or Data Warehousing systems using ERD and/or UML modeling techniques. The ability to map business requirements to a wide variety of data formats