C++ Software Engineer Contract
This role has been filled.
Thanks for your interest. Please return to our Development page for other positions you may be interested in, or submit your resume now for future openings.
We are looking for a software engineer to work on a 6+month contract at one of our clients in Northern Iowa. Remote work is possible, as long as the engineer is located in the Midwest. They need a strong C++ developer with some C experience. The client runs their apps on Windows and Linux. Their code uses compliers to work cross platforms. This person needs Strong SQL skills ideally Postgres but would look at SQL Server or Oracle. Experience with Visual Studio 2010/2012 would be great. Their applications use a lot of Mathematics so embedded or web background would NOT be a fit. It is Algorithm based development in straight C++/C.
- Analyze software requirements, define and design software components and produce well documented, quality code that is easy to use and maintain
- Champion and build automation and tools to optimize our continuous release process and production environment
- Identify and develop required infrastructure to support features, resiliency and improve out of box functionality
- Instill operational best practices and state of the art engineering technical approaches in design, build, testing and debugging
- Collaborate with Automated Test Team and use Test Driven Development to ensure quality of finished product
- Manage a Continuous Integration/Deployment environment with multiple pushes per day
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science with 5+ years of experience or equivalent.
- Strong experience in DevOp’s, Continuous Integration and Deployment using open source based technology stack including Jenkins, Puppet, Selenium and Ruby.
- At least 5+ years’ experience in software development and unit testing in Object Oriented Technology (C, C++, java, C#, PHP)
- Experience with Agile/Scrum/Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) software development methodologies.
- Strong understanding of engineering best practices - requirement gathering and analysis, designing and developing unit tests, participating in code reviews, and documentation.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills to determine root cause of complex issues.
- Experience using code repositories and source control, preferably Mercurial.
Job #: 15513