Software Engineer - Hardware Management
This role has been filled.
Thanks for your interest. Please return to our Development page for other positions you may be interested in, or submit your resume now for future openings.
Do you have a passion for working with cutting edge hardware? Our client has an opening for a highly skilled, mid-level software engineer. You will develop and support software features, bring-up new hardware, and demonstrate your strong technical skills. Our client needs someone who is highly collaborative and acts with integrity and professionalism.
- Computer Engineering/Science Bachelor’s Degree and/or equivalent experience
- 5+ years’ experience developing operating system software
- Strong C, Python and BASH scripting skills
- Basic Linux networking (ifconfig, dhcp, tftp)
- Experience using git
- Familiar with Linux distribution components (init scripts, initrd creation, packages, what needs to be in /etc and a skeleton root)
- Deep knowledge of Linux (or Unix) operating system internals and software architecture
- Strong unit and feature test methodology
- Experience using Atlassian tools; confluence, JIRA, Stash
- Familiar with Linux distribution components
- Model and prototype different design choices
- Write appropriate project and design documentation
- Give technical presentations
- Design, plan, and implement innovative software solutions
- Assist in system level integration and debug of the hardware and software issues