Technical Product Manager : Email/ SMS
This role has been filled.
Thanks for your interest. Please return to our Business Analysts and Project Managers page for other positions you may be interested in, or submit your resume now for future openings.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing interactive solutions team in the newly created role of Technical Product Manager – Email/ SMS. Reporting to the VP of Interactive Services and working collaboratively across departments in this highly visible role, you’ll serve as technical subject matter expert as it relates to managing email and SMS engines, as well as campaign programs being utilized by customers. The Technical Product Manager will own StrongView email and 3Ci SMS engine platforms from a strategic and technical capabilities perspective – this includes handling configurations and deployments, as well as other technical hands-on functions related to these two tools. The role is client facing and hands-on; the key to success will lie in this person’s ability to take ownership of this function and work in a very focused and self-directed fashion. He/She will have clear goals and directives following onboarding and key introductions to internal and external partners, and will be encouraged to then run with the ball.
- Manage the entire product life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities, working with marketing, engineering, and sales leadership teams to develop and maintain product roadmaps, go-to-market strategies, pricing/ margins, tactical product promotions, and incentives
- Specify market requirements for current and future email/ SMS eDelivery systems; conduct market research supported by ongoing visits to customers, partners, and self-directed research.
- Be the SME in features and usage of email/ SMS products, stay current with industry technology trends and technical developments, and maintain awareness of market and customer trends. Use this knowledge to generate new uses for existing customers and potential new clients
- Drive product development working with engineering, project managers, StrongView and 3Ci partners, operations, regulatory and marketing teams
- Provide metrics and analytic data on customer deliverability rates, transforming dashboard reporting into real deliverability metrics such as IP reputation data, inbox placement rates, spam filtering, domain based blacklisting, etc., within a campaign lifecycle, as well as deliverability support, best practice knowledge transfer, deliverability or IP reputation alerting, and real performance metrics measurement
- Reduce and resolve ISP marked spam rates for certain email programs thereby increasing unique opens to enterprise customers; work with interactive operations team to ensure optimal email construction and enforce all authentication standards
- Regularly monitor outbound email campaigns to ensure adherence to best practices, develop and optimize processes to remediate blocks and blacklist listings, and monitor deliverability performance and create plans to improve inbox placement
- Manage the SMS carriers’ provisioning process, build out the program deployment process and options, and integrate with all delivery channel owners for automated program
- Understands and has the ability to execute all the technical aspects of the system (account configuration, send throttling, deliverability optimization, data hygiene, program set-up within tool interface and deployment management)
- Able to build out life cycle campaigns within StrongView dashboard with A/B split tests, frequency recommendations, optimization, and multi-touch conceptual thinking; working experience with StrongView a plus, although not required
- Minimum two years’ experience with high volume commercial email delivery
- Strong knowledge of SMS delivery and processes, as well as start-up process
- CAN-SPAM expertise in US required; FISA/ ECPA expertise for Canada is a plus
- Experience with email authentication technologies, email filtering and anti-spam technologies, including blacklists
- Experience with deliverability best practices including warming up of IP addresses, certification, FBL's, and connection and throughput settings
- Experience working with ISPs, Return Path, and other mailbox and reputation monitoring tools
- MMA certification a plus; willingness to quickly get certification is required (company will invest in training and certification)
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Self-directed, with initiative, creativity, and attention to detail; excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, and time management skills
Job #: 14643