This role has been filled.
Thanks for your interest. Please return to our Business Analysts and Project Managers page for other positions you may be interested in, or submit your resume now for future openings.
The Project Management Manager is responsible for the overall project management function for the company, providing leadership, coordination and management of project management and business analysis processes and functions. In addition to personally managing some projects, this position supervises a team of project managers and business analysts. We are looking for someone who is business focused, ideally with a manufacturing or engineering background. It’s ok to have a little IT, but these types of projects are very different from IT projects, so the individual needs to have done some other types of project management.
- Provides leadership, mentoring and coaching to a team of project managers and business analysts.
- Develops and evolves the project management and business analysis functions. Provides leadership in best practices and will be highly customer-focused. Provides processes, tools, templates and training for the project managers and business analysts to utilize to create consistent and high-quality results in their work.
- Creates a center of excellence for the company and provides project management and business analysis coaching to those serving in those roles within other business functions. Advises, consults, and assists internal project owners and teams on an ongoing basis to ensure compliance with the company's Project Management methodology. Ensures that investments and initiatives in project management services are aligned with business strategy and priorities.
- Bachelor of Arts, Science, or Business Administration from an accredited institution is required
- Eight or more years of experience in an enterprise-sized PMO
- Five or more years of project management experience with medium and large projects
- Ability to lead and manage cross-functional resources
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Project or program management experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred
- Three or more years of experience with using Microsoft Project or equivalent project management software tools
- Ability to be a persuasive leader who can serve as an effective member of the leadership team and communicate project management and business analysis related concepts to a broad range of employees
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or PMI certification is desired, but not required
Job #: 15450