Junior Business Analyst: eCommerce
This role has been filled.
Thanks for your interest. Please return to our Business Analysts and Project Managers page for other positions you may be interested in, or submit your resume now for future openings.
We are looking for a business analyst to join our client’s eCommerce application development team. Someone with around one year of experience is preferred – our client is interested in growing and mentoring the right individual as long as they have the initiative and drive to get the job done. This position will mostly drive large, complex, initiatives which require experience with business consulting, building compelling business cases for key initiatives, superior analytical and project management skills, reporting on key metrics and measures of success. This position will be responsible for managing project constraints (scope, time and cost) and ensure quality and timely delivery of application development projects along with superior customer satisfaction. Additionally, applicants should have excellent communication skills and demonstrated ability to work in a high-paced, high-pressure environment.
- Collect, analyze, document and prioritize business and system requirements
- Validate requirements with appropriate audiences
- Work with the architects, technical lead and developers to translate requirements to system design
- Partner with other application development teams in planning, coordinating various dependencies and successfully deliver on cross functional/cross-team projects
- Work with quality assurance analysts to create test plans, test cases and do functional testing as needed
- Plan and coordinate user acceptance testing, and help define defect and issue tracking processes related to the application software.
- Prioritize defect resolution
- Create and maintain project plans
- Establish scope and effectively manage project scope utilizing change control processes
- Address issues and mitigate risks, communicate status to business, IT Management and other IT teams that are impacted by the project
- Estimate and build realistic project schedules and drive projects to successful completion on time with superior quality
- Direct project teams in outlining work plans, deliverables and deadlines
- Proactively maintain an understanding of the client's business practices
- Find and generate revenue opportunities through continuous process improvements and/or cost reduction initiatives
- Guide and mentor other team members
- At least 2 years of experience in information technology with experience as a Business Analyst managing the delivery of information technology solutions is required
- Ability to drive a very ambiguous project to a clearly defined scope with traceable and testable requirements
- Ability to drive and execute to the project timeline while closely maintaining scope and cost
- Ability to tailor requirement gathering methodologies and techniques to best suit the needs of the project
- Strong facilitator; adept at running meetings with end users, gathering and managing business requirements, and balancing priorities
- Ability to reconcile conflicts, deconstruct high level information into details, and distinguish user requests from underlying needs
- Must exhibit excellent written and verbal skills, and be able to give effective presentations
- Proven track record of effectively delivering results in a fast paced environment while managing multiple priorities is a must
- Should be a self-starter and be able to work under minimal supervision
- Must demonstrate leadership, critical thinking, negotiation, facilitation, consulting, problem solving, decision-making and analytical skills
- Must be able to navigate the organization through each step. Majority of the projects will impact several departments and there is a strong need to be able to accurately communicate at different levels and rally the teams. Ability to lead with little direction and coaching
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, Project, Visio
Job #: 15142