eCommerce Project Manager
This role has been filled.
Thanks for your interest. Please return to our Business Analysts and Project Managers page for other positions you may be interested in, or submit your resume now for future openings.
We are looking for a long term e-commerce PM contractor for one of our clients, a fast-paced, deadline oriented business environment. You will work on an interactive team is responsible for providing strategic and tactical direction for the development of effective integrated marketing campaigns involving outbound email, online data capture, website and platform development.
The eCommerce Project Manager will have a wide breadth of knowledge in various online and ecommerce platform technologies, as well as experience working with multi-vendor system integrations and internal development teams. In addition, the desired candidate should have exceptional experience in project management methodologies and resource management to ensure project results contribute positive business value and meet agreed-upon scope, cost, schedule, and quality objectives for our clients
- Own and drive successful execution and delivery of eCommerce project solution implementation.
- Influence leadership within the business areas to create and maintain alignment around the project business objectives, measurable benefits, success criteria, scope, and constraints impacting project delivery.
- Resolve project conflicts and competing priorities.
- Communicate state of the project to executive leadership.
- Drive project execution and delivery according to business needs and requirements.
- Provide eCommerce functionality expertise during project planning, development and production-support.
- Review eCommerce platform and architecture to recommend effective options for implementing business functionality.
- Collaborate with business owners and stakeholders to lead eCommerce requirements gathering and analysis.
- Assess project health and direct any necessary corrective measures. Creatively apply project management processes to address unique situations. Assess project status and direct corrective measures to ensure project success including escalation and visibility to Senior Leadership when appropriate.
- Effectively manage multiple medium sized eCommerce projects, or individual large sized eCommerce projects.
- Create project plans detailing project schedule, resource/budget estimates, quality requirements and metrics, and organizational change management activities. Establish project roles and responsibilities and provide team members with clear direction.
- Direct daily activities and efficiently manage a project team of business and development resources.
- Five to seven years’ experience in project planning and management required
- Bachelor’s degree in MIS, computer science, business or equivalent degree required
- Preferred 3 years of web or interactive experience and/or real world examples of track record on successful projects.
- Ability to apply understanding of existing and emerging technology and internet market needs to the development and implementation of a strategic business plan.
- Strong technical and/or development background, preferably with working knowledge of SQL execution and .Net methodologies.
- Solid understanding of the technical aspects of online applications, web development, eCommerce, development frameworks and tool sets.
- The ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to non-technical clients at all levels of the organization.
- Self-starter with strong business judgment who can initiate action and follow through with well-defined solutions and action plans.
- Ability to flex leadership style to accommodate a wide variety of team member styles and leverage team diversity.
- Industry or consulting experience in the Consumer Products Industry with an understanding of eCommerce success factors is highly desirable.