Common Interview Questions
Below are questions you may be asked at some point in your interviewing process. Practice answering these questions with this in mind: be positive, specific, and concise.
- Tell me about a project that really got you excited.
- Tell me about a situation where you had to deal with an angry or frustrated customer or coworker. Specifically, how did you handle it? Why did you choose that approach? What were the results?
- What is the most important thing you have learned from your professional experience? Why do you attach such great importance to it?
- Tell me about a situation you faced that seemed to be impossible. How did you handle it and what was the result?
- Why do you want to work at X Company?
- What are your biggest strengths and weaknesses?
- Give an example of your initiative in handling a challenging situation.
- Are there certain tasks or types of people that you find challenging for you?
- Why do you want to leave your current job? Or why are you looking for new employment?
- Tell me a suggestion you have made that was implemented.
- Why should we hire you?
- What are some things that you find difficult to do? Why is that?
- Tell me about your training. What have you done to become a better _______________?
- How would your current or former colleagues describe you?
- How are you when you're working under pressure?
- Of all your work, where have you been most successful? To what do you attribute that success?