Director of Sales
ESP IT is looking for a sales leader to manage our business development team. The Director of Sales will be responsible for creating and developing new sales strategies, strengthening existing client relationships, building new business opportunities for ESP, and managing, hiring, and developing sales professionals. The Director of Sales will also be a member of the Executive Leadership Team, report directly to the CEO, and help set the strategy and goals for the organization.
About ESP IT:
ESP is a consulting and staffing services firm headquartered in downtown Minneapolis. We specialize in connecting exceptional Information Technology professionals—from developers to project managers to digital marketing professionals—to the best opportunities at leading companies in the Twin Cities metro area.
Our culture and business practices are driven by our mission, vision and Blueprint. People are the very heart of our business. They're the reason we succeed and the key to our growth. That’s why our mission is Place People First and our vision is to inspire our team to live well, drive healthy growth, and build a culture based on trust. Our Blueprint(25 Principles for Placing People First), gives our team a set of common beliefs and core values to live out every day and helps us create cultural consistency from our longest tenured employee to our newest hire.
We’re pleased to have been recognized for our growth and our company culture, both of which are part of ESP’s vision. In 2015, Staffing Industry Analysts ranked ESP as the 14th fastest growing staffing firm in the US, and we made Inc. Magazine’s 5000 fastest growing private companies list. We’ve also been recognized by MN Business Magazine as a “100 Best Companies to Work For in Minnesota” for the third year in a row.
Sales Team Management and Business Development Responsibilities:
- Develop, communicate, and execute a strategy for the sales team that aligns with the business goals as agreed upon by the Leadership Team
- Establish relationships with key decision makers and influencers in the Twin Cities IT Market
- Attend sales call with sales team members, providing team selling support and coaching
- Hire additional sales reps to support business growth and sales objectives
- Engage in one-on-one meetings with sales reps to develop skills and to manage performance.
- Demonstrate proficiency and ability to teach and coach sales reps, specifically what it means to:
- Understand the customer needs and match to company offerings
- Maintain a pulse of on-going activities, successes and challenges
- Demonstrate knowledge and experience selling to IT departments
- Increase sales with existing clients and create customer loyalty
- Proactively manage customer satisfaction and service delivery by anticipating potential customer service problems, and monitoring customer satisfaction
- Hold sales reps accountable for:
- Activities and expectations
- Following a defined sales methodology
- Using and leveraging a CRM or ATS (applicant tracking system)
Sales Process Responsibilities:
Together with the Director of Recruiting and the rest of the Executive Leadership Team, establish a “way” in which the sales organization works including:
- Sales process and reporting
- Activity expectations
- Routine meetings (one-on-ones, group, training, forecasting, management reporting)
- Systems such as CRM or ATS, proposals, forecasting, etc.
- Rewards and incentives (both monetary and non-monetary)
- Key measures including annual goals and monthly milestones
- Expense management and expectations
Strategic Business Development Responsibilities:
- Help build strategic relationships by understanding and articulating company value, building relationships at all levels, gaining access to key decision makers, and leveraging referrals
- Remain current on customer preferences and options, by attending meetings, shows and/or conferences.
- Help build and develop ESP’s Creative IT /digital marketing practice using market knowledge and strategic sales leadership
- Develop 1-2 large strategic accounts with high growth potential
Executive Leadership Team Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate understanding of ESP’s business operates including strategy, profitability and operations
- Present a professional image at all times in appearance, communications, and interactions
- Follow processes and requirements by working within the guidelines established by company and industry
- Provide regular, open and transparent communications with the Leadership Team regarding successes, challenges and changes
- Contribute to the setting of goals, budget, strategies, processes and making key decisions
- Uphold and be an advocate for ESP’s Blueprint
- Minimum of 3 years of sales management experience
- Proven track record of meeting or exceeding sales goals
- Experience selling in the IT industry
- 4 year degree required
- PC and Microsoft Office suite proficiency required
- Experience with CRM or ATS
- Authentic and servant leadership approach
- Experience in technology consulting and staffing, statement of work, and selling services a plus
Benefits of Working at ESP IT Include:
- Health Coverage & HSA: ESP offers 100% premium cost coverage for individual employees and contributes $100 a month toward employee HSA accounts
- Dental and Vision coverage
- Flexible Spending Account
- Disability & Life Insurance: ESP pays premiums
- 401(k) program with match (employees eligible after one year and immediately vested)
- A fun workplace: dogs at work, a foosball table, celebration and anniversary lunches hosted in the ESP café, team building and volunteering events, lunch and learns, and in-office yoga classes.
- All our work stations are sit-stand capable and include ergonomic chairs and dual monitors for a productive and healthy work day.
- A flexible atmosphere built on trust with untracked PTO. ESP employees can work from home, bring their dogs to the office, or take off early to volunteer or be with their families.
- Our Employee Wellness Program – “Live Well”—focuses on a different area of healthy living each quarter. Employees choose a non-profit and rack up points which translate to donation dollars by following daily activities for healthy living in each area.
We have retained the services of the sales executive search firm of C. Anderson Associates to assist us in this search.
Please contact them directly with inquiries or application at Dan@CAndersonAssociates.com or go to their website at www.C.AndersonAssociates.com